Eating Oxford | Invitation Oxford Magazine

Saturday, July 26, 2014



My favorite Saturday morning activity is venturing to the local farmers market and stocking up on some much needed fresh produce! Not only am I able to find everything on my list at ridiculously affordable prices, but running into sweet friends is always a treat! I am a HUGE supporter of young businesses and local entrepreneurs.


Today I had the pleasure of chatting with the peach king - he grows the most amazing peaches! He recommended I make a cinnamon and brown sugar peach pie. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing when it comes to pies - heres to hoping it is somewhat edible! 


2 pie crusts
4 large peaches thinly sliced
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

drizzle light brown sugar onto pie crust 1
start layering the sliced peaches in an organized fashion
sprinkle cinnamon between layers of peaches
cut pie crust 2 and cover top as needed
bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour

this was my DIY project of the weekend ~ trial and error was all part of the fun!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!